Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Introducing: The Smoldering Tempter



5-18-10

This character, let’s call him Carlo (whom I think is a mixture between a rooster and a road-runner) is an integral part of the Siena city life. Carlo walks aimlessly throughout the streets scowling at any girl who will make eye contact with him (though no one in my program has seen him hit-on an actual female – I would pay good money to watch that interaction). Each day he wears a purple shirt of some sort, with an array of colored pants (white being his favorite). In this photo he is perched next to a column in the center of the Piazza del Campo – where he stayed literally not moving – for hours on end (we reveled in his presence from a café across the way). In the moments Carlo did alter his position it was to ever so slightly, slowly and discreetly lower his sunglasses to the tip of his nose when he saw a lady of intrigue (alas none were ever enough to tempt this beauty). I am convinced that he wears more lipstick than I do – from what I can tell we even prefer the same color: Rose Bliss. The gel in his hair? Yep, I am guessing that is actually liquid cement to keep his hair in a permanent spike. At my first sighting I was a little confused by the combination of man boobs and pot belly but I realized that they are a result of Carlo’s rigorous workout regimen – creeping.

No comments:

Post a Comment